Thursday, February 2, 2012

Home » » ALFA Romeo Association Tech Session / Presented

ALFA Romeo Association Tech Session / Presented

This document is based upon an “ALFA Romeo Association Tech Session / Presented by Larry Dickman Jr., ALFA Parts Exchange” paper. Mike Nakamura used Larry’s guide to upgrade a 1971 Montreal and I used the information provided by Mike to upgrade my 1972 Montreal. I have added to the information provided by Mike to provide a little more clarification and detail.


Larry developed this upgrade to fit within common 14? ALFA wheels and there are several routes one can follow to achieve the finished result. You can modify old 115 rotors creating iron hats and attach new rotors or you can have custom aluminum hats machined. The drawings provided are for custom hats. I have made every effort to insure that the information included is correct and I have successfully performed this modification to my own Montreal. If you find any errors and/or omissions you can contact me at alfagene@adelphis.net.

The Wilwood 4 piston calipers provide much better braking than the stock ATE 2 piston calipers. As a result the car tends to dive quite a bit under braking and it is not too difficult to lock up the rear wheels. I still need to stiffen up the front suspension to counteract the dive and I will be replacing the brake regulating valve with an adjustable valve so that I can balance the braking.


Disclaimer:
Naturally, no one can take responsibility for modifications such as described on the following pages, except for you. Don’t proceed if you expect Wilwood, Coleman Machine, ALFA Romeo, ALFA Parts Exchange, ALFA clubs or any other individuals to assume any responsibility. You will notice that all suppliers noted in this paper have strong disclaimers attached to the sale of their products.


Download